Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase. See legal disclaimer here.
Learn how to boost your self-esteem after it has fallen downhill
There comes a time in one’s life where you might be down, and not having high self-esteem might be a big part. It might have started because you feel like you have to change based on society. Remember life should be about being happy with yourself and not changing what you shouldn’t. That’s where confidence comes into play; it helps us go through tough decisions or unpleasant events. Focus on nurturing confidence to have high self-esteem. The first step you can do is knowing what self-esteem means. The definition that’s easy enough for almost anyone to understand is.
confidence in one’s worth or abilities; self-respect.
Related: How I Overcame A Burnout and You Can Too
What Causes Low Self Esteem
Many issues cause low self-esteem and it’s different for everyone. No one’s life is the same as one another. Meaning there are different ways of dealing with the situations. In most cases, stress has a huge impact on low self-esteem. Sometimes life can be challenging. Stress isn’t everything, here are some of the basic reasons for low self-esteem. Such as :
- An unhappy childhood
- Very brittle relationship ( a broken one like a heartbreak)
- Constantly having medical or health problems
- Having a serious case of anxiety disorder or depression
With so many emotions roaming through your mind there’s no telling how your feelings can change how you act. Low self-esteem can have an impact on your decision making. Considered this being in a downstate mood. Can make you feel sad and like you have nothing can help you feel better. Self-esteem is a part of your mental health and you can have a good life.
What Are The Signs
Understanding different emotions from how someone talks can be difficult to determine. But, how do you know you if you need to take a little extra care of yourself to increase your self-esteem? Missing signs can be reasonable. Since it’s not always easy to determine if you’re having low self-esteem or if you’re just not feeling like yourself today.
- Not taking care of yourself, this is when you’re someone who always likes to get all duel up. But all of a sudden it starts lacking and it stops altogether.
- Constantly saying and thinking negative thoughts about yourself
- Mental and physical is a big part of low self-esteem. Such as self-harming by doing any unhealthy physical movements to your body.
- Always scared of trying new things such as going to a place full of people. Like a music event or something as simple as going for a stroll through the neighborhood.
What Is The Best Therapy
Instead of being unhappy all the time try to find the key to making yourself feel better. Remember you only need to love yourself to truly feel confident. Once you try to figure out how to increase self-esteem one thing you should know is it should always start with your love for yourself.
- Talk to yourself like you would to someone you love ( think of it this way would you ever put someone down right to their face. I hope not lol)
- Have a real conversation with yourself and when it comes to negative talking don’t be too harsh and break yourself down. Especially to the point where it takes a village to help you get back up. Occasionally we tend to do that.
- Comparing yourself is a big no-no; with the media continuing to grow it can show you how they think you should look. In reality, it’s so untrue, because who are they to tell you what is right for your body? So don’t follow society’s path for your life.
- Write down what you love about yourself, and don’t make it too simple. Try to put your emotion into it, and it doesn’t have to be perfect. Just write down the first thing that comes to your mind.
- Have a chit chat with a dear friend or family member and this person should be someone who you can trust. When you’re not alone it can be less complicated in boosting your self-esteem.
No matter how you feel you should sustain a well-rounded life. You’ll eventually find how wonderful life can be if you’re happy with who you are. The best way to put this is to remember what self-esteem is and how to increase self-esteem. Keep in mind self-esteem is how you feel about yourself. When you feel like you can’t pull through with some of these simple tactics. I recommend talking to your doctor for further medical help.
Subscribe to our list so you can receive wellness tips straight to your inbox
If you enjoyed this post, I’d be very grateful if you’d help it spread by sharing it on Pinterest or Facebook. Thank You!
Leave a Reply